Did you enjoy your stay with us? Part II2 min read
The last blog gave a clear example of the importance of user generated content and how it influences the travelers’ decisions. Today we will talk about ways on how promote, increase and improve the user generated content for your property.
During this economic crisis it is important for hoteliers to encourage guests to share their experiences in the property. This will help them to expand their web presence and improve online reputation.
What you can do?
- During check-out ask your guests to review your property and advertise your presence in social networking sites. (TripAdvisor, Igougo, WikiTravel, Holiday WatchDog, Expedia, Global Hotel Review, TravelPost, TravBuddy etc.)
- Send your guests a “Thank you for your stay” email with links to your social network pages so they can directly review your hotel
- Make it easy for your guests to find your social network pages. Place the links of your social networking in your website.
- Show your guests that you care: Monitor your reviews and answer them.
- Make sure you use social networks like Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, YouTube and Flickr to promote your property and to communicate your special offers. And invite your guests to join your networks.
How to profit from the reviews?
- Post your reviews on your website! Let everyone know what your guests are saying about your property.
- Use customer reviews as quotes in different pages of your website.
- Search on your guest review for keywords to add to your website content in order to improve your SEO
- Improve brand loyalty; keep a close relationship with your guests particularly those that write positive reviews about your hotel. They are your best reference.
There are a variety of online providers for independent hotels but only GuestCentric Systems offers an integrated platform that provides tools that simplify the management of the property. The interactive dashboard allows you to easily monitor your property’s reputation by automatically gathering what is said about your property in the internet. And GuestCentric’s InstatntHotel Technology integrates TripAdvisor reviews directly on your website so your visitors don’t miss the comments!